Wednesday, August 3, 2011

When all else fails, there's always alcohol

Hi.  I'm Ann and I'm a late bloomer with this whole blog thing.  I like to write (poetry, short stories, etc.), but I haven't quite figured out if what I have to say is noteworthy enough for public consumption.  I've been writing for years, but kept it to myself.  Maybe I have something to say to others, or not???  Today it is a "not" because I don't have any great wisdom to impart or witty stories to tell.   I am a bartender and so my plan is to share some yummy boozy beverage recipes on my blog when I have nothing else to say. Thus the title, when all else fails, there is always alcoholThis applies to blogs and life.  :-)  *Cheers*

Key Lime Pie Martini
If you are a booze-loving key lime pie eater, you will like this.  It tastes just like it.  The cool part is the graham crackers on the rim.  Great after dinner drink.


Ingredients:
2 oz vanilla vodka (If you like key lime pie with whipped cream, substitute "Pinnacle Whipped" vodka)
1/2 oz triple sec
2 1/2 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz lime cordial
1/2 lime
1 Packet of finely crushed graham crackers 


Preparation:
1.Run lime around a chilled martini glass and dip in crushed graham crackers.
2.Pour the vodka, triple sec, juice and cordial into a shaker with ice.
3.Squeeze the juice from the lime into the shaker.  
4.Shake well.  
5.Strain into martini glass.
 
Your friends will be so impressed.  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ann J,

    Came to take a peek at your blog too...I am new to blogging as well. I wanted to be able to write great words of inspiration (LOL) every day but I don't always think up something I think is important enough to write about. Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has something worth while to say! I'm excited to read about you! And I love love the name of your blog! ha ha Can't wait to try some drinks!!!

    ReplyDelete